Thursday, April 30, 2009

The waiting continues

I have been playing the waiting game. My lender (Axiom financial) called the other day and wanted to lock in my interest rate and a pretty darn good rate. So that's done.

I've called and talked to my renter's insurance people and asked about homeowners. I got a quote from another company that doesn't beat my current insurance company.

The seller is fixing the one plumbing issue. And I'm going over to the condo tomorrow evening (the last day I have to pull out and keep earnest money) to double check everything and show it to my family.

I've just had time to think about moving in and the colors I want to paint rooms, etc. I've also begun collecting boxes so I will be able to pack up my apartment.

I talked to my landlord and let him know my closing date and that I would like to stay if something goes wayward. I also told him that I would pay for all of May's rent even though I should be out before the end. He said he would refund me money for the days I get out early, so that's an incentive, but doesn't make me rush. I figure I'll probably be out a little over a week after closing. I just want to have time to clean it all after I pack and then I'll need to clean everything at the new place before I unpack. Fun fun fun! I'm glad Costco sells cleaners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com