Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Hunt begins!

I got prequalified with my second institution on Monday! It has been a good experience. I have had a wonderful experience with Steve Roberts from Axiom Financial. He looked over my other good faith estimate and explained the differences between his and theirs. He even did what he could to match the good parts and beat the bad parts.

I finished up my HUD certificate yesterday and had a housing counselor review my budget and goals. It was a good experience as well. We discussed how the new mortgage would impact my budget and I showed her how I would accomodate the difference in price. We also talked about future goals and using the $8000 tax credit to improve the home and pay down principle.

Today I looked over a list compiled by my Realtor, Jessica, and picked a few to inquire about and then go see. I haven't the slightest what will happen, but it's great. I hope to go looking on Saturday.

In other financial news that helps this home buying process; I received a partial scholarship for next year in graduate school. This will help free up some money for this home. Or more likely, make it so it's not as tight as the semester draws near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com