Saturday, April 11, 2009

The first outing

I went and saw three condos today and it went well. The first place we went to was in a decent neighborhood, but the driveway area was filled with pot holes. When I looked inside, the carpet needed to be replaced and it definitly needed some paint and a few other fixer uppers. It was the biggest place I looked at but I really didn't care for it much. I didn't feel like it was move in ready.

The second place we went and saw was quite nice. I was concerned about the neighborhood, but the complex is gated. There was also a basketball court, playground, and pool. The inside had many updates such as cabinets and ceiling ornamentation. The bathroom was quite nice. It was a little weird because the family that lived there was home and stayed inside while I looked around. I didn't feel like I could spend much time because of that. Although this was my favorite place. It was also the least expensive place I saw. But I'm not sure if it's the place I should live as a single woman. I'm doing some outside research to know better. I do like how there are bike lanes right out of the complex and it's not far from work. I want to see some more places before I make a decision on this one.

I stopped at one other place that had 3 condos for sale in the same complex. We were only able to look in one. Interestingly each one had a different squarefootage so they are probably different. As we walked into the building it smelled like smoke and also had the feel of an apartment complex. The one unit we were able to see was tiny. One of the bedrooms would barely fit a single bed and dresser. It was clean and in good shape, but just not for me.

So now I'm going to look at some more places and see what else is out there and then make some decisions. I feel like I know a bit more about what's out there and what I'm looking at. I hope to go back out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com