Friday, April 17, 2009

And the looking continues...

I went out this morning and looked at three more properties. The first one was on the high end of what I want to spend. The courtyard was quite nice and so were the grounds. It had easy access from the street. The apartment needed some upgrades, but was move in ready. The stove/oven was not a full stove/oven. The kitchen sink was shallow (a lot like my current apartment sink). The carpet was older in the main room, but well maintained. The rooms were pretty good. It had a HUGE balcony. The batroom sink was about the size of a sink you see in doctors offices and the tub was really shallow. It wasn't bad, but I didn't "love" it.

The second place we went to had previous smoker tenants. It had new pergo style floors in the entry way. It had cute little dishwasher that would be perfect for one or two people. I couldn't get past the smoke smell and it was also in need of paint and carpet cleaning and a few minor repairs. It was going through the short sale process and I could see why.

The last place we visited had extensive landscaping that was very "natural." There were ducks and gease and mature trees everywhere. The HOA fee was considerably higher than other places, but with that kind of landscaping I can see why. The condo had two large bedrooms with good sized closits. The kitchen was in good shape and there was an eating area. There is a gas fireplace and new carpet. I really liked this place. It comes with a detached 1 car garage too. I asked Jessica to get more information on the HOA fee and I think if I don't mind the restrictions I will likely put in an offer. It doesn't have washer/dryer hookups but there is coin operated machines on the bottom floor shared by about 6 units. I think I can give a little considering it has a garage and nice sized rooms.

1 comment:

  1. Eager to hear the location of the last one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com