Saturday, April 18, 2009

Decision

I put an offer in on a condo today!! I asked a little below the asking price and wanted the seller to pay closing costs. I should hear back by Monday on whether or not they accept it. I must say that was the most nerve racking thing I have EVER done. Committing to spend the most money I have ever spent was a little intimidating. I had to sign all kinds of documents and forms and initial and date EVERY page. It took about a half hour to complete the paperwork. I did ask for a home warrenty paid for by the seller and I hope to get that. It covers most big ticket items for a whole year.
My next steps are to wait to see if they accept, reject, or counter offer. Then I'll get an inspector in and read over the HAO documentation. If I agree to everything then I'll keep going. I could own this place in a month!
I'm really excited and my stomach is still in knots so I hope everything goes well. I did speak to my landlord so he is in the loop. I wanted to give him a heads up and tell him my current plans.
Now I just need to breathe and wait.
Here are some pictures that I took off another website. I didn't take them.

Out front

the view, but not from a window in the condo, of the complex



The front room with fire place

The kitchen


Looking from the kitchen into the eating area

1 comment:

  1. Congradulations! I'm glad to hear things are going so well with the house search! I hope you get everything you are hoping for in your offer!

    If you do end up moving out of your apartment and your landlord still plans on renting it out I may have a newleywed (well will be, they are getting married May 1st) couple that may be interested in it.

    ReplyDelete

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com