Monday, March 30, 2009

The first meeting

I met with a the Realtor that I will call "guy." Guy was great at introducing what he will do if I choose him as a Realtor. He explained the MLS service and how you can find things on it. He talked about his experience as a Realtor and his philosophy that he uses to approach purchasing a home.
Some of his suggestions:
--take time to learn the market
--give yourself time to find a home
--know what you can afford
--know what you can give on (Ex: if you want a big kitchen but don't find one, maybe you should get a slightly small one than you prefer)

He mentioned that I might have a harder time finding what I'm looking for because of my price range. As odd as I thought the meeting might be because I'm "interviewing" him, it really went well and I felt calm and comfortable. Some of my concerns are that he hasn't been a Realtor very long, my price range is the lowest that he's worked with, and he's only purchased one home (but negotiated more).

I do like his business sense around Real Estate. He approaches it with an MBA standpoint and want the buyer to get the best deal for their money. He wants the buyer to go in with equity.

I set up a meeting with the other Realtor I planned on meeting with for tomorrow evening. I will call this Realtor "girl". I'll let you know what I think about "girl" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com