Friday, March 27, 2009

Appointment with Realtor and document gathering

At the HUD approved homeownership trainging I recieved a list of everything I will need to take with me to get pre-approved or to attain a home loan. I've been slowly working through the check list gathering needed data.

I've always been a renter and one of the requirements is to have a letter from everyone you rented from stating you paid on time, how much you paid in rent, and the dates you lived there. I called my current landlord and he'll write the letter for me. I've just got to call my previous landlord.

Other documents they want are two years of taxes. So instead of going and just making photo copies of them I actually decided to digitize all my tax documents for the last two years. This way I have a back up that I keep in a safe place.

There are other documents you should have, but most of those are easy to get so I'm not worried.

I did talk with one Realtor yesterday and have a meeting set up for Monday. I told him that I was looking to see if he was the Realtor for me. I'm working on getting the contact information of the other Realtor I plan on talking with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com