Friday, May 22, 2009

Painting etc...

I've been taking some time before I move my stuff into my condo to work on a few things. I've been painting and doing small fix jobs. Nothing major, just makes things homier and look nicer. I've been adding quarter round around the base boards because the people who did the carpeting didn't do the best of jobs (or weren't paid to do the best of jobs, could be either). It takes time to miter all the corners, but looks fantastic afterward. My bedroom is about done. I need to paint the two doors and put back all the outlet covers and I'm done with that room entirely!!!
I had a new oven/range and dishwasher installed yesterday. Lowes was very good at helping me pick the best products and I got a good installer. I figured I could have written into my initial offer on the condo new appliances, but they probably would have asked for a higher sales price. That price would have likely been more than I paid for the appliances. And good ol' Uncle Sam is sending me an $8000 check to cover the costs.
My next project is to pain and add quarter round to the front room. This one will take more work because I'm doing it 3 different colores: one color below the chair rail, another above it, and then the chair rail itself. That's the next project
I did buy new "pulls" for my kitchen cabinets. I've installed all the drawer handles and they look great, but I have to drill an additional hole for the cabinet handles so I haven't done that yet. It's amazing what changing those can do to a kitchen. I plan on changing all the hinges as well, but that might involve re-painting the cabinets too so I'm not sure I'm up for that just yet. Maybe next month?
I know some people would like to buy a place and move in and not worry about painting. Truthfully I could have moved in, but I really like making the place my own. I just spent a ton of money on it, I want it to feel like it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com