Friday, May 15, 2009

Closed and done!!!

I closed on the condo Wednesday! I did a final walk through with my mom at 8am, then closed at 9am. I signed my name a million times. They wanted my middle initial in my signature and I never use it so that made me stop and think EVERY time. It was about an inch worth of papers that I signed and dated. I had my mom there with me for support and because she's bought homes before.

It took about 45 minutes to sign everything and I decided my escrow officer was great at reading upside down.

After it was all said and done, my lender and my realtor gave me gifts. That was cool. I must say the two of them, Jessica and Steve, were absolutely wonderful to work with. Everything went smoothly. They did everything they could to help me. I trust them and would recommend them.

I didn't get keys to the condo until the day after about 2:30pm. They wouldn't give me the keys until the title was recorded. So I headed over and picked out some paint colors and went to Home Depot and got ready to paint. I also grabbed a new lock for the door (good idea for safety) so one else could possibly have keys. I also put up new smoke detectors and 1 (of several to come) light fixtures. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday evening to work, but I got some crucial prep things done.

I'm a home owner!!! How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter html code
free-website-hit-counters.com